Can we pay for sessions in bulk, can we pay for sessions as we go?

Of course you can! We know that everyone has different financial situations and therefore we are more than happy for you to pay for sessions as you go or to pay in advance for a set amount of sessions. When sessions are booked as a bulk of 6 sessions it will cost you £225 rather than £240.

What times can I book sessions in for?

We are super flexible with times so just ask us and we'll generally be able to accommodate the time of a session to suit you. You can book sessions in the morning, during the day, afternoon, evening and weekends.

Why do you charge £40 an hour?

This is the average price for most counselling sessions. We wanted to try and find a price that was a balance between affordable and also recognised the skills and experience you will receive. 

Will you come to my TAC, TAF, review meeting etc.?

Yes, we can. Although we do still charge £40 an hour for meetings.

Will you write reports for my social worker, school, CAMHS worker etc.?

Yes, we can. Although we do still charge £40 an hour for report writing.


I'm struggling to pay the fees, is there anywhere I can go for help?

We understand this and this is why we can offer a limited number of concessionary rates. Please get in touch with us if you feel this would be appropriate for you.

You may also be able to gain support with funding in the following ways:

  • If your child is involved with social services or has a social worker.

  • If your child, or you (as the young person) may be in receipt of DLA (Disability Living Allowance) or PIP (Personal Independence Payment) which can be used to pay towards such things as therapy and counselling. 

  • You may also want to talk to your school about how they can support you as schools can also buy in to our services.

Is your building accessible?

Unfortunately our centre is situated on the top floor and requires you to go up two flights of stairs to enter. The building has no lift either. For this reason our centre may not be accessible to some. Don't let this stop you from using our services though, as we're always flexible!

Why do you have such an in-depth risk assessment?

We ask parents/carers to fill in an in-depth risk assessment the first time a young person accesses our service; whether this is just a 2hr workshop or long-term 1:1 work. We ask this so that we can meet the needs the of all our young people as thoroughly and appropriately as possible. It also allows us to make sure we are safeguarding the young person, other young people and our staff to our best ability at all times.

Do not worry if you answer yes to some questions - you will never be judged! (Trust us, we've worked in lots of settings and we've seen it all!) 

In some very rare cases we may feel that we are not the most appropriate support for your young person and that we may not be able to meet their needs successfully. This is a very rare situation, however, if it happens we will make sure to support and signpost you to more appropriate support.

Will you work with both my children/siblings/two young people in the same family?

Unfortunately, for counselling and intervention, we do not. This is because it can be damaging to the client/counsellor relationship. Young people may not feel able to trust their counsellor if they know their counsellor is also working with their brother/sister/sibling. We will do our best to signpost you to another suitable therapist or professional if you have siblings who could benefit from counselling.

We are happy to have siblings attend our workshops and clubs, if you feel this would be appropriate. 

  • Facebook - Grey Circle

Youth Intervention Centre

2nd Floor, 47 Fore Street 

Ivybridge, Devon

PL21 9AE

  • Instagram - Grey Circle